Saturday, April 13, 2013

Healthy Strawberry Lemon Smoothies!

 Healthy Strawberry Lemon Smoothie | RecipeNation


 
 
Strawberry Lemon Smoothie
Source: Kim Denney

Ingredients:
1 handful of strawberries, stems cut off
Juice of 1/2 of a lemon
1-2 handfuls of ice (about 3/4 cup)
water (about 3/4 cup)
2 packets of Truvia (all natural sweetener that can be found by the regular white sugar at the store)
Instructions:
Here’s how I do it: I grab a handful of strawberries (as many as I can fit in my little hand). I wash them and then cut off the stems and throw them in the blender (Kim actually uses frozen strawberries). I juice half of a lemon into the blender. I add 2 packets of TruviaTruvia comes from the Stevia plant and is and calorie free. You could substitute 2 teaspoons of white sugar here but it will have more calories. Then I add water until it almost covers the strawberries. I add 1-2 handfuls of ice. Adjust water and ice to your preferences on thickness and sweetness. Blend well. I double this if making it for my husband too.

No comments:

Post a Comment